This competition is now closed. The winners were Gary Hughes and Robert Girvan!
It’s competition time again here at Thoughts On Film and this time we have another fully restored classic up for grabs in the form of Lucio Fulci’s controversial 1979 video nasty Zombie Flesh Eaters.
Initially banned in the UK upon release, the restored edition includes the full uncut version that Fulci intended everyone to see. The limited edition steelbook contains some very special features including an exclusive introduction by lead actor Ian McCulloch and a look into the special effects of the film.
Here’s a full list of the special features followed by a look at the cover artwork:
- Brand new high definition restoration of the original negative.
- Optional English SDH subtitles on the feature
- Audio commentary with screenwriter Elisa Briganti moderated by Calum Waddell
- Audio commentary with Fulci biographer Stephen Thrower and horror expert Alan Jones
- UK exclusive introduction to the film from Ian McCulloch
- ALIENS, CANNIBALS AND ZOMBIES: A TRILOGY OF ITALIAN TERROR: Actor Ian McCulloch remembers his three classics of Latin horror lunacy – ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS, CONTAMINATION and ZOMBI HOLOCAUST
- FROM ROMERO TO ROME: THE RISE AND FALL OF THE ITALIAN ZOMBIE FILM: Veteran Fulci screenwriters Dardano Sacchetti (THE BEYOND) and Antonio Tentori (CAT IN THE BRAIN), celebrated UK critic Kim Newman and filmmakers Luigi Cozzi (CONTAMINATION), Ruggero Deodato (CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST) and Russ Streiner (NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD) share memories of the genesis of corpse-crunching cinema – from Romero’s early templates to the gory glory days of Fulci and his many successors.
- THE MEAT MUNCHING MOVIES OF GINO ROSSI: The special effects magician behind many Italian splatter classics talks about his most famous gore-drenched greats – and shows props from many plasma-packed masterworks – including ZOMBIE FLESH-EATERS, CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD, THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY, CANNIBAL FEROX, BURIAL GROUND and PIRANHA II.
- MUSIC FOR A FLESH-FEAST: Composer Fabio Frizzo – Live Q&A from the Glasgow Film Theatre
- ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS – FROM SCRIPT TO SCREEN: Dardano Sacchetti shows key pages from his original ISLAND OF THE LIVING DEAD screenplay.
- Trailer and radio spots
- Collectors booklet featuring contributions from Calum Waddell, Stephen Thrower, Craig Lapper and Jay Slater.
We have two limited edition steelbook copies to give away. To be in with a chance of winning one of them all you have to do is comment on this post with your favourite zombie movie and why. Winners will be chosen from our favourite comments and will be contacted by e-mail soon after the competition closes.
Now time for the the small print:
- Competition open to UK residents only
- Only one entry per person
- Entrants must be 18 or over
- Competition closes on Friday December 7th at 23:59pm GMT
Zombie Flesh Eaters is released on Blu-ray, DVD and limited edition steelbook in the UK on Monday December 3rd.
– – –